In the previous blog post, we talked about the impacts of blue light on our health.
Now, I’d like to share some tips for protecting your eyes and skin:
- Place some green pots near your working area to reduce light radiation as well as soothing your eyes when you look at the pots after a long period of time facing the digital screen.
- Let your eyes to take a rest (close your eyes or look far away to relax your eyes) for 1-2 minute every 30 minutes when you are in front of the digital screen.
- Change the settings on your computer or use a blue light filter on your smartphone to reduce blue light emissions as well as protect your skin and eyes.
- Avoid looking at bright screens 2 to 3 hours before sleep. It prevents boosting your mood and alertness of your mind that will disrupt your sleep schedule.
- Use skincare products with antioxidants to protect your skin and fight against free radicals from pollution.
- Wear sunglasses outdoor during the day can also protect your eyes from light pollution (UV radiation as well).
It sounds easy to protect yourself from light pollution, right? Take the first step and improve your health now!
P.S. Tell you something interesting. I tried looking at green items and sharp colour (such as red) items respectively when my eyes were tired and wanted to take a rest, it’s so relaxing with the green ones while it’s uncomfortable with the sharp ones. You could have a try and leave a comment to tell me what you feel.